Friday, September 3, 2010

Day One = Complete

     We are now sitting in the confines of the Lucarelli residence having fully completed day one of Endurance Assurance!  I'm happy to say that not only are all three of us alive, but we were all able to walk up to his 5th floor apartment from the car.  We're getting ready to settle into a delicious pasta meal prepared by Mrs. Lucarelli at 10pm!

      When we last left you, we were waiting out a storm at the Robinson Mall.  It was so much cooler outside when we left.  The rain was a very welcomed break and coolant!  We had to run 10 miles to finish out our day on paper.  I ran the first section with Brian, and Jack ran the second section with Brian.  The first 5 mile set started the complications as we got closer to the city of Pittsburgh.  During the second 5 miles, we hit one way streets where the runners could run, but the vehicle had to take a detour.  Through it all, we managed to make it to the end unscathed.  I ran the last leg by myself as Jack's lungs were burning and Brian was not feeling well.  It was about 3.5 miles through a mostly darkened path, but I made it to Jack and Brian come around 9pm!  God was definitely with me during parts of that run, so I wasn't running alone.  One part in particular was a pretty dark stretch of the trail.  I stopped because I didn't want to run through it alone.  Just as I was trying to figure out what to do, two people rode by on bicycles with flashing lights.  I decided to try and follow them as best I could.  They managed to get me through to a well lit area.  Once I saw them, I went to the guy as he was loading the bikes into the car and thanked him for lighting the way!  I explained what we were doing, thanked him again, and went on my way.  Soon enough, I caught up to Jack and Brian, and we headed back home.

    Please be thinking and praying for Brian.  He has chills and seems to be really under the weather.  We will see how much a good night's sleep helps, but as of now, he's pretty banged up.

     Thanks again for your comments and support!  We don't have any media coverage for our run yet, but we're hoping that someone in the state picks up the story.  Continue to spread the word via word of mouth, email and Facebook! Goodnight!!


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment