Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day Two Closing in Greensburg

The time has come and we are currently at Brian's co-workers home. We are fortunate enough that there house was simply 15 mins. away from our ending point and we were able to get there without a hitch... Driving there at least went without a hitch. I (Jack) did not have such an uneventful day. First 5 mile set with Tim, through Pittsburgh went well. We were running the same pace as we did day one.  Tim took the second 5 mile set solo (Brian was recovering from his horrible day of sickness and pain he accrued yesterday) and was able to finnish faster then any 5 mile set we have done during our run. Calling us just about 150 yards from where he wanted us to be. We had to tell him "turn around, look for My big red hoodie I'm wearing".

I started the 3rd 5 mile set for the day apparently I was cruising along pretty well as well. We both finished faster during our solo runs then we did any sets in pairs on our first day. I think it was 44mins. My second set went... Lets say, not so great. I started out again, at a great pace, Tim and Brian were driving along and came from behind at our meeting place, good thing they did cause I looked at the time and saw 19mins and thoght this cant be the place, but apparently they said I "...crushed the hills." When it came time to enter Jennette I was doing well until that one road... yea I got lost... the end.

BRIAN'S TURN!!!!!
Brian was amazing today. He had the hilliest of everything. Running on Kerr road and entering Greensburg.
Hill... Hill... Hill... Hill... THE END!!!! Nope he has another hill... That's the hospital, not the courthouse brian...

So all in all we felt better today... ALL of us. Tim is really fresh acting still for some reason. My baby toe hurts but I'm good. Brian did not through up and ran real well today. We are still in the progress of collecting video for some video blog and are trying to find a solution to a smoother looking way to put photos on the blog as well... LOTS MORE TO COME!!!

~Jack

5 comments:

  1. Let us know when and where you will be in our neck of the woods! We will come watch you run and cheer you on if we can! Be safe out there!
    Adrian made another donation for ya! - Amy and Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack...8 minute miles...that's crazy! Sounds like you're enjoying yourself. Family dinner at Auntie's today...guess who will be the topic of conversation. I'm sure Grandma will be beaming as she tells about seeing you off. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you think Greensburg is hilly, wait until you pass Ligonier and are running toward Jennerstown. The "hill" in Laughlintown alone up Laurel Mt. will be killer. Good luck!!! You guys are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DID IT!!! It was me... Jack, and brian... it sucked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Monday is a good day! Will keep checking for posts. Marie

    ReplyDelete